The Adobe PSD previewers will allow users to save time by displaying a thumbnail preview of the Photoshop image when the file is selected, without loading the resource-hungry Photoshop application.
The features of the Adobe Photoshop PSD Preview Handler include:
- A readonly preview of the file will be shown in the preview pane.
- Dimension of the image and number of layers in the PSD file will be shown in the tooltip.
- Resolution, Color Depth, & Compression information of the file will be available to the user.
- Adobe Photoshop application will not be required.
- The previewer should also work for Outlook 2007 in Windows Vista.
Adobe Photoshop PSD Preview Handler with framework can be downloaded from CodeProject. Also available is project’s source code, with full explanation for those who are interested.