The Windows 10 May 2020 Update, version 2004 brings lots of new features to the operating system. Likewise, some features or functionality are undoubtedly be removed or deprecated with the new version of Windows 10. M
Microsoft has published documents that details all features and functionality that are removed or are no longer developing. in Windows 10, version 2004. Though not officially use the term “deprecated” to describe features that Microsoft stops active development, they do however have higher chance to be removed from the operating system in future. Some of the features was first announced to cease development in earlier versions of Windows 10, and officially removed with the arrival of Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004.
Features that Microsoft is no longer developing beginning from Windows 10 Version 2004:
- Companion Device Framework – Allows IoT companion device to enhance and provide rich user authentication experience with Windows Hello, even when biometrics (e.g. camera for face authentication or fingerprint sensor) are not available.
- Legacy version of Microsoft Edge – To be replaced by new Microsoft Edge Chromium.
- Dynamic Disks – To be fully replaced by Storage Spaces that support software RAID functionality.
Features that are removed in Windows 10 Version 2004:
- Cortana – Cortana is not entirely removed, but undergone massive changes in Windows 10 Version 2004. Cortana is now standalone app that no longer links to Search which is updated via Microsoft Store (you can now remove Cortana without breaking Windows Search), and some previously available consumer skills such as music, connected home, and other non-Microsoft skills are no longer available.
- Windows To Go
- Mobile Plans and Messaging apps – Both apps are still supported, OEMs have to include these apps in Windows images for cellular enabled devices, and the apps are removed for non-cellular devices.
You can download and upgrade to Windows 10 Version 2004 if you haven’t done so or Windows Update haven’t offered you the Feature Update.