Display Windows XP to 2 Monitors or LCD Panels
n Windows XP, it’s possible and very easy to add a second display to your PC. But first of all, you will need to have a second video display card or a video card that has a second Video Out port, and of course, the second display monitor, be it CRT monitor or LCD panel.
- Plug the second display into your computer.
- Right-click on your desktop and click Properties to bring up the Display Properties window. (You can access it via Control Panel and then click on Display icon too).
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the grayed-out box to the right of the black box which represent the second monitor.
- Enable (select or check) the check box next to “Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor”.
- Optionally, adjust the resolution of the secondary display.
- If the second screen is physically located to the left of your primary (first) screen, drag and drop the second monitor to the left of the first display on the display properties settings.
- You will have a desktop that spans both of your display screen.