After the false start for Windows 10 Spring Creators Update (SCU) Build 17133.1, Microsoft has finally gone gold with build 17134.1 as the RTM for Windows 10 next major feature update, now renamed as Windows 10 April 2018 Update, though still released as version 1803.
Microsoft has released Windows 10 April 2018 Update Version 1803 Build 17134.1 to Windows Insiders, and has now published the products.xml metadata which is used by Media Creation Tool (MCT). Media Creation Tool is an utility provided by Microsoft to create Windows 10 installation media, ISO or simply to upgrade the PC to latest version of Windows 10.
Microsoft has now officially updated and released Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803 build 17134.1. Download the latest MCT from the Microsoft or using the following download link:
As Windows 10 April 2018 Update is not officially available yet, the Media Creation Tool is still offering Windows 10 Fall Creators Update v.1709 build 16299.15. However, you can use the trick below to force Media Creation Tool, including Media Creation Tool at older version such as 16299.15, to push Windows 10 April 2018 Update Build 17134.1, hence enabling you to create Windows 10 Build 17134 ISO images or upgrade to Windows 10 Build 17134 via official Microsoft supported method.
- Download Media Creation Tool.
- Download Products_RS4_04_20_2018.xml published by Microsoft, which contains all download links information for MCT to work.
- Rename Products_RS4_04_20_2018.xml to products.xml.
- After the first line of XML declaration of:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Add the following lines:
<MCT> <Catalogs> <Catalog version="1.1">
- Scroll to the bottom, after the last line of:
Add the following lines to the end of the file:
</Catalog> </Catalogs> </MCT>
- Save the modified XML file.
- Make it into a Cabinet .cab file by issuing the following command:
makecab products.xml products.cab
- Place both MediaCreationTool.exe and products.cab in the same folder.
- Open a Command Prompt window in the folder which the files were saved, and run the following command:
- Follow the wizard to create bootable Windows 10 April 2018 Update RTM ISO images, USB flash drive or DVD media, which has the build as 17134.1.180410-1804.rs4_release.
The workaround is only required while Microsoft still hasn’t officially released Windows 10 April 2018 Update Media Creation Tool. Once Windows 10 version 1803 is generally available, the MCT should download the latest feature update automatically.
In addition, you can also download the Windows 10 Build 17134.1 v.1803 ISO directly.