The changes in Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 RC1 includes:
- Added browsable System files source for uninstallation so user can restore original system files from setup CD during uninstallation.
- Added fixing file’s PE checksum after resource patching to keep files more secure.
- Added Launch &Maintenance Center in transformation destination in case user already have transformed the system.
- Added missing modifype.exe for Windows XP operating system.
- Added partially x64 support for Vista visual stuff but not for system files (experimental).
- Added option to reserved updated system files after uninstallation or not.
- Added skipping system file verification patch on setup integration.
- Fixed bugs caused by deleting important files from integration after transformation.
- Fixed bugs in file-patching engine for uxtheme.dll and resources data.
- Fixed themes uninstallation problem (themes still exist).
- Fixed user picture’s frame border disappearance in logon screen.
- Removed manual transformation and let user decide to modify system files or not instead.
- Removed un-neccessary system files operations.
- Updated final Vista sounds scheme.
- Updated Glass2k install option to acknowledge about possible system slow down.
- Updated system files transforming method to use PendingFileRenameOperations trick.
- Updated updating the transformation to act like never applying the transformation before.
- Updated visual styles.
- Fixed ToolbarBackground sizing mismatched from real Vista style.
- Fixed CaptionButton alignment problem when maximized in Vertical shellstyle WindowBlinds theme.
- Fixed shellstyle background color mismatch in Aero Style (Vista – Beta 2) in some areas.
Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 RC1 or updated version of it can be downloaded from
Softpedia (resource no longer available). Warning though, install the pack at your own risk, as it will change your Windows XP installation to an unrecoverable state even with uninstallation of the transformation pack.