The full version of Microsoft Office has been released to Windows 10 S devices such as Surface Laptop (and other Windows 10 devices in the future) on Windows Store, eliminating the need for end users to manually download and install the Microsoft desktop apps.
This tutorial shows how to install Office in the Windows Store on a PC running Windows 10 S:
- Open Start menu or screen, scroll through the App List and select an Office app such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If Microsoft Office is not install yet, the Windows Store app will open.
- Sign in to Windows Store with a Microsoft Account if you’re not already signed in.
- Windows Store will open the Office app page.
- Click or tap on Install button.
- A notification appears in the lower-right corner after each app finishes installing.
- You can now start using Microsoft Office by selecting one of the app tiles, such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint on the Office product page. Office in the Windows Store is activated automatically on install.
On the first run, an Office window opens telling you what apps are included in the version of Office you just installed. Hit Got it! to dismiss it.