The workaround solution to the JME not connected to smartphone is by disabling Windows Firewall for the Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter:
- Go to Control Panel, then click on “View network status and tasks” under Network and Internet section.
- Under Network and Sharing Center, click on “Manage network connections” link.
- Find out what is the network connection name that is being used to access Windows Mobile device. The connection is normally labeled “Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter”. Note that you need to have your device connected to see this connection, which is usually “Local Area Connection x”, with x as number from 2 onwards.
- Go to Control Panel again, and click on “Allow a program through Windows Firewall” under Security section.
- Under Windows Firewall, click the “Advanced” tab.
- Uncheck (untick) the check box next to the network connection for Windows Mobile device identified above.
- Click OK or Apply when done.
Jeyo Mobile Extender should now able to auto detect the mobile device and connect to the PPC automatically. If the connection is still not established, go to your mobile device, open File Explorer and go to Windows folder. Click on SMSExpress.EXE and then click the softkey for Connect.
Note: You will have a red security alert after performing this trick. Here’s how you can disable the security alert.