Now Microsoft has confirmed that Windows Vista can be used and run for 120 days or 4 months (3 rearms), and extending the activation grace period is not a violation of the Vista End User License Agreement (EULA). All versions of Vista include Windows Vista Ultimate allow a 30-day free period without activation, except the corporate-oriented Vista Enterprise, which supports only a three-day trial.
To extend, reset or restart the initial OOB grace period of Windows Vista to another 30 days, use the following steps:
- Click on Vista Start button and key in Cmd in Start Search box.
- Press on Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt with administrative credentials (equivalent to “Run as Administrator”).
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter when done:
You can also use sysprep /generalize command.
- After a few seconds, the confirmation dialog window will appear.
- Reboot the computer.
- Rearm again when the remaining activation grace period timer counts down to 0 days.
Rearm option resets the computer’s activation timer and reinitializes some activation parameters.
Update: Rearm Windows 7