Figure above shows the normal IE (IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, IE 9 and others is applicable) browser window, where the title text shows promotional string from Microsoft. If you don’t like to always see the Internet Explorer, why not change it to something you prefer, such as your name? For example, see illustration below, an Internet Explorer window, but named My Digital Life, a custom name, instead.
To change yours too and put up your name to replace that IE title string to impress your friends, use the following trick:
- Run Registry Editor (regedit).
- Navigate to the following registry key branch:
- Add a new String registry value, and name it as Window Title.
- Double click on the new “Window Title” registry value, and enter your prefer name such as your own name as it’s value data.
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart or launch Internet Explorer. You will the browser window title now encoded with your own name or any other text that you put in as value data.