The new features in RDP 6.0 client update include:
- Server authentication – Security measure that verifies that you are connecting to the correct remote computer or server and helps prevent you from connecting to a different computer or server than you intend to connect to.
- Resource redirection – Redirect Plug and Play devices that support redirection.
- TS Gateway servers – A gateway that enables authorized users to connect to remote computers on a corporate network from any computer by using an Internet connection with secure HTTPS protocol, thus using port 443 instead of default port 3389 for Remote Desktop Connection, allowing RDP connections without a VPN or firewall.
- Terminal Services Remote Programs – Allow client computers connect to a remote computer and use programs that are installed on it.
- Monitor spanning – Supports high-resolution displays that can be spanned across multiple monitors up to a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2048 pixels.
- Visual improvements – Supports 32-bit color and font smoothing.
More information on the new features and how to use the new features can be found here.
Download the RDP Terminal Services Client 6.0 update package (KB925876) for: