PPStream P2PTV online streaming TV and video channel viewer program has always been working fine on the system. However, when users download latest version of PPStream setup installer from PPStream official website, and try to install the newer version, PPStream installation will fail and the installer returns error messages indicating that system unable and cannot register \Program Files\PPStream\PowerPlayer.dll and \Program Files\PPStream\PowerList.ocx with DLL/OCX: DLLregisterServer function. The error code is 0x80040201. The users are given three options of Cancel to terminate the installation, Retry to try again or Ignore to bypass the error.
But neither option able to install and upgrade PPStream properly. When users launch PPStream player again, an error message will appear saying that PPStream install error, and asking users to download and install PPStream again at ppstream.com. The stop error exists no matter how many times users uninstall and install again the PPStream setup.
To solve the problem, which possibly caused by DLL and OCX files cannot be automatically registered with system, users can try to run the following command in command prompt to manually register the file with system:
regsvr32 C:\Program Files\PPStream\PowerPlayer.dll
regsvr32 C:\Program Files\PPStream\PowerList.ocx
Change the path the dynamic linked library files if you install PPStream on different folder. If you still encounter problems when running PPStream, try the steps in the following resolution. Note that the following steps is just a guideline, and you may not need to perform all of them to get PPStream installed and run properly.
- Download installer-free version PPStream (
PPStream.rar) which do not require installation.
- Uninstall existing PPStream installed on the system from Control Panel.
- Delete the PPStream folder in Program Files using Windows Explorer (or any folder you installed PPStream).
- Run Registry Editor and then delete all registry keys related to PPStream. Use search feature to find all PPStream values.
- Optionally, use Windows Disk Cleanup Tool to remove all temporary files and use anti-adware/anti-spyware software to remove all malicious trojans on the system to ensure that these unwanted programs do not interfere with proper working of system.
- Restart computer.
- Uncompress and extract the stripped down version of PPStream.rar to a folder where you want to place the PPStream executables with its component. You may want to put it in Program Files folder.
- Copy PowerPlayer.dll and PowerList.ocx in the unpacked PPStream folder to \Windows\System and \Windows\System32 folders.
- Run install.bat to registery required DLLs.
- Run and play favorite channel in PPStream.