Microsoft has updated the minimum and recommended system requirements for computer that going to run Windows Vista with more details and specifications. Windows Vista minimum system requirements are the minimum specifications that your system needs to have in order to install and run Windows Vista as Windows Vista Capable PC with just core features. If you want full features and capabilities of Windows Vista, such as Windows Aero Glass, your system will need to fulfill recommended requirements of Windows Vista Premium Ready PC.
System requirements for Windows Vista Capable PC
- A modern processor (at least 800MHz).
- 512 MB of system memory.
- A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
System requirements for Windows Vista Premium Ready PC
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 1 GB of system memory.
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum), Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
- 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
- DVD-ROM Drive.
- Audio output capability.
- Internet access capability.
More information can be found at
Windows Vista GetReady page (no longer available), or minimum supported system requirements here (no longer available).