Announcing the official release date of Windows 10, Blogging Windows blog wrote that:
On July 29, you can get Windows 10 for PCs and tablets by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer, or on a new Windows 10 PC from your favorite retailer. If you purchase a new Windows 8.1 device between now and then, the Windows 10 upgrade will be available to you and many retail stores will upgrade your new device for you.
The initial release of Windows 10 on July 29, 2015 is for PC and tablets only. Windows 10 Mobile and editions for other forms of devices will come later.
With the release date available, it means that officially the free upgrade to Windows 10 offer will end on July 29, 2016. But once you have upgraded, Microsoft will continue to support it and keep it current for the lifetime of the device at no cost.
Microsoft has also started to activate the Get Windows 10 app where the Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users can reserve free Windows 10 upgrade. The app also does the system compatibility check to ensure that the upgrade to Windows 10 is trouble-free.
Check out Windows 10 feature highlight and Windows 10 system requirements.
- Windows 10 20H2 v.2009 (Build 19042)
- Windows 10 May 2020 Update v.2004 (Build 19041)
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update v.1909 (Build 18363)
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update v.1903 (Build 18362)
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update v.1809 (Build 17763)
- Windows 10 Spring Creators Update v.1803 (Build 17134)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update v.1709 (Build 16299)
- Windows 10 Creators Update v.1703 (Build 15063)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update v.1607 (Build 14393)
- Windows 10 November 2015 Update v.1511 (Build 10586) | Download Windows 10 Version 1511 (Build 10586) ISO
- Download Official Windows 10 ISO | Upgrade to Windows 10
- Windows Insiders get free Windows 10 genuine license
- Windows 10 Upgrade is free for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 systems until July 29th, 2016 (Reserve Windows 10 upgrade or Lock in the free Windows 10 Upgrade License)
- Trick to upgrade to Windows 10 for free after free upgrade offer perioed ended.
- Clean install and activate Windows 10 is allowed (No Windows 10 product key is issued for Windows 10 upgrade license acquired under the free upgrade program. However, Microsoft records the device’s hardware ID or HWID on its activation server when the device is first upgraded to Windows 10 and activated. On future reinstallation of Windows 10, the device will automatically be granted permanent activation status when the activation server detects its matching hardware ID).
- Windows 10 general avaiability release date is on July 29th, 2015
- Windows 10 Features
- Windows 10 editions (SKUs)
- Windows 10 editions features comparison chart
- Windows 10 upgrade path (upgrade matrix)
- Windows 10 system requirements
- Windows 10 Prices: Retail Licenses | OEM Licenses