If you’re using Windows XP operating system, try this little hidden and secret trick which reveals sort of Easter egg or bug by using Notepad.
- Open Notepad by clicking on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad.
- Type bush hid the facts or this fun hit video (do not hit Return or Enter key, either one will work, but not both).
- Save the file by clicking on File then Save. You can put any filename to the saved text file in .txt
- Close the Notepad.
- Open again the saved text file by relaunch Notepad and clicking on File then Open and choose the saved document, or simply double click on the saved text file from Windows Explorer.
- Check what happen to the text that you have just typed.
You will see the text of “bush hid the facts” or “this fun hit video” has been changed to small square or some weird and funny Chinese characters if you have installed East Asian languages support. Not believe? See the video clips below.
Videos no longer available
This is most likely caused by failure or problem of Notepad to recognize the file encoding of the documents, where for some reason, Notepad interprets that text documents contains character in Unicode, not ANSI as it really is.
Notepad also has a hidden .LOG hidden function which display current time and date on opening.