ZDNet Asia has published an article to detail a guide on 10 things to look for in uninterruptible power supplies, which can serve as a valuable reference when you want to purchase an UPS. Among others, 10 features on UPS that need to be considered carefully include the following.
- Power capacity where an UPS must have the power to support the power load it needs to support.
- Outlet capacity where enough number of them is available, including surge-protected outlets.
- Electrical protection against power spikes.
- Date line protection against electrical spikes.
- Bundled software
- Warranty conditions.
- Alarm capabilities where UPS will alert you whenever certain conditions such as low battery, failed UPS and etc are met.
- Online or offline UPS type.
- Network manageability.
- Visual battery replacement indicator or battery warning light.
Full Article (link dead)