McAfee Total Protection for Small Business beta is currently version 4.5 and has the following features:
- New Browser protection service, from McAfee’s SiteAdvisor technology, for safe surfing when browsing or searching the Internet using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Extends virus and spyware protection support to 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.
- Improved virus and spyware protection service: On-demand scans now scan all file types by default, or administrators can select a policy option to scan only certain types of files.
- Improved firewall protection service: Select whether to use McAfee recommendations for safe Internet applications or allow only those you specify.
- Free access to the McAfee beta SecurityCenter – the secured McAfee-hosted Web management console, which is updated with new data 24×7 and provides easy tips to get your security up-to-date!
McAfee Total Protection 4.5 can works on Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server with SP3 or later, Windows XP Home and Professional with SP1 or later, Windows 2003 Standard, Web, Enterprise Edition or Small Business Server, 32-bit or 64-bit Windows Vista. It also requires Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or later to install, where IE7 fits the bill.
McAfee Total Protection for Small Business Beta (offer no longer available).