The new system software update for Xbox One gaming console has been released by Microsoft. Xbox One is running a stripped variant of Windows 10 Core, dubbed Windows 10 on Xbox One. Xbox One has been using Windows 10-based Core, which was released in November 2015 in New Xbox One Experience update to replace the original Windows 8-based Core.
As such, Xbox One is also getting the Creators Update for Windows 10. Ahead of PC and mobile, Xbox One systems are the first to officially receive the Creators Update on March 29th, 2017. The official build version of Windows 10 Creators Update for Xbox One available on general availability is build 15063, similar to RTM build for Windows 10 Creators Update for PC, which full build string of 10.0.15063.1005.
According to Xbox Wire, Xbox One Creators Update includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Opening the guide – Xbox button now takes you directly to the guide for quicker access to your games and apps. To go home, just press the Xbox button and then select Home.
- Beam – An easy and quick way to broadcast your gameplay so viewers anywhere can watch you play in real time. While you’re playing a game, just launch the guide and scroll down to Beam broadcasting to show off your skills.
- Copilot – Now you can link two controllers and use them as one, with Copilot. In Settings, go to Kinect and devices > Devices and accessories. Then select Device info > Turn on Copilot, and choose the copilot’s controller. Both controllers now control the game together.
- Achievement tracker – Keep an eye on your favorite achievements and play at the same time. Move it anywhere on the screen. You also control the number of achievements shown and the transparency level – display it prominently or fade it in to the background. Press the Xbox button and go to Achievements to turn the tracker on.
- Cortana – Set reminders on your Xbox One so you don’t miss any gaming opportunities. Reminders show up wherever you use Cortana – PC, phone, or Xbox. Cortana also supports more party controls. Say “Hey Cortana, invite party to game” to add partygoers without having to pause your game.
- Game DVR – Easier to make game clips: just press the Xbox button . From there, your controller’s Y button grabs a screenshot, the X button saves the last 30 seconds, and the View button shows the Game DVR options you know and love, from starting a recording to saving the last 5 minutes of play.
- Screen time limits -Let you limit the hours and times of day your child can play. To turn it on, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family and click Screen time for any child account. Then turn Xbox Screen time to On, and set your child’s limits for each day. Once your console has the update, it’ll start enforcing those limits.
By default, Xbox One is set to receive automatic updates and each night, it will check to see whether any updates are available. These updates will be downloaded and installed when the console isn’t being used. You can force Xbox One to download and install Xbox One Creators Update system update with these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings > All settings.
- Select System > Updates.
- Select Console update available.