A new build of popular Microsoft Office productivity suite has been released for Office Insiders. The latest release is Office version 2002 (Build 12513.20010) for Windows desktop.
Office Build 12513.20010 has introduced several features for Microsoft Excel while is also fixing several bugs, according to office changelog, as listed below.
- Read and reply on the fly: Respond to comments and mentions right from email without opening the workbook.
- Data Profiling in Query Editor: Get-a-glance analysis of the data in your columns, identify error and empty values, see distribution histograms and more.
- Fixed an issue where emails expiring based on a retention policy would display two labels. One showing that the mail will expire in one day and another displaying that it will expire in two days.
- Fixed an issue where comment hint was not visible in read mode with “Inverse” page color.
- Fixed an issue where italics formatting is lost after editing a comment, italicizing the text and then posting it.
- Fixed an issue where comment commands (Edit comment, Reply to comment, Delete comment, Resolve comment) in the comments context menu were not being displayed.
To get the latest Office Insider Preview Build, open any Office program such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and then go to File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now. Do note that you have to join Office Insider program to be able to get the Insider builds, and to join Office Insider, you need to have an active Office 365 subscription.
Update: Office 12527.20040