Microsoft has released yet another preview build of Microsoft Office on Windows for Office Insiders on the Fast ring. The new Office build has the build version number of Version 2003 (Build 12607.20000) and the build introduces various new features for Outlook and Word, in addition to fixing various bugs and issues across Office suite of apps.
Changelog of Office Version 2003 (Build 12607.20000) from Microsoft:
- New experience for captive wifi networks: Have you ever joined a wifi network that required a web page to sign in with? Outlook now detects this and helps you get connected.
- Find Ink Editor in your drawing toolbox: Select Draw and then choose the Ink Editor pen to edit your document with your finger or a digital pen.
- Clearer status bar icons: Status bar icons are now easier to see
- Addressed an issue that caused users to lose access to the “Free Busy Options” calendar permissions dialog.
- Fixed an issue that may result in the alert: “Sorry we’re having trouble opening this item” when opening some recurring meeting instances sent from a different time zone.
- Addressed an issue that could cause users to be unable to reopen a .msg file after dragging and dropping an attachment from that message.
- Fixed an issue where after uploading a file attachment from Outlook to OneDrive could result in the file name being changed if the attachment’s name contained parenthesis.
- Fixed an issue that could result in a failure to save a document in PowerPoint or Word containing an Excel chart.
- Fixed an issue where pictures in documents lose transparency when exported to PDF.
To get the latest Office Insider Preview Build, open any Office program such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and then go to File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now. Do note that you have to join Office Insider program to be able to get the Insider builds, and to join Office Insider, you need to have an active Office 365 subscription.