To declutter and reclaim the precious space on the Windows Taskbar for other more important app icons and buttons, Windows 10 has built in a very simple way to enable or disable the Search Icon and/or Search Box on the Taskbar.
- Right click on the Windows Taskbar.
- Tap or hover to Search.
- Select one of the following options:
- Disable – Remove Search button display on the Taskbar completely
- Show search icon – Show a Search icon on the Taskbar that when clicked will bring up the Search bar.
- Show search box – Display the large search box on the Taskbar which you can type directly into.