The first “issue-free” build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, previously codenamed Redstone 5 (RS5) and will be labeled as OS version 1809, has been released by Microsoft to Windows Insiders inthe Fast ring. Windows 10 Build 17760 comes with several new improvements and bug fixes, and is the first build during the development of RS5 branch that does not contain a single known issue.
The changelog of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17760 highlights the full compatibility of Windows 10 October 2018 Update with all major Tencent games and their anti-cheat mechanism. Thus, gamers who rely on cheats or hacks to play any games beware when upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
It’s still early to say if Windows 10 Build 17760 is the RTM (released to manufacturing) final version, even though the build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the Desktop is no longer present since several build earlier. Based on the past several Windows 10 feature updates, the RTM build for Windows 10 October 2018 Update v.1809 may be 17763.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Fixed the issue causing apps that use .NET 4.7.1 to not work correctly in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using swipe to navigate back in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge crashing after pressing F12 on certain webpages if certain extensions were enabled.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the icons on Microsoft Edge error pages not being visible on localized builds.
- Fixed an underflow in the Windows Security app that could result in the UI unexpectedly showing a very large number of threats had been found.
To download and install Windows 10 Build 17760, join Windows Insider program and set to receive update in the Fast ring. Then, check for updates in Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763