Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18358 to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, which is also from the 19H1 branch that determined to be the upcoming major feature update for Windows 10 operating system.
Similar to all recent releases, Windows 10 Build 18358 contains no new feature, through it introduces a Windows Defender Application Guard browser extension for businesses using Chrome and Firefox web browser, which is already available for Microsoft Edge. But it contains may bug fixes and performance improvements. One of the main bug fixes in build 18358 is related to degraded game streaming and recording quality of Game Mode.
The Windows 10 19H1 Build 18358 contains the following general changes and issues:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- FOR GAMERS: Addressed an issue with Game Mode that may degrade game streaming and recording quality.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the thumbnails in Alt + Tab sometimes becoming offset.
- Fixed an issue where certain upgrade paths could result in the contents of the Recycle Bin being left under Windows.old.
- Fixed an issue resulting in upgrades failing at 18% or 25% and rolling back for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some Insider experiencing green screens with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some apps using the Windows Installer failing to install recently.
- Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
- An issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
To download and install Windows 10 Build 18358, join Windows Insider program and set to receive update in the Fast ring. Then, check for updates in Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update. Most of time, the update will install itself automatically.