Microsoft has released another preview build for Windows 10 to the Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, with build version 19559.1000 from rs_prerelease branch. The new build brings no major new feature. Instead, it focuses on quality updates and bug fixes.
Do note that the Windows Insider’s Fast ring is receiving independent test build from Active Development Builds branch of Windows 10, and new features will show up in these builds first. Even though the new features in the Active Development Branch may be slated for a future Windows 10 release, they are no longer matched to a specific Windows 10 release. Instead, Slow ring of Windows Insider will publish upcoming Windows 10 Feature Update (Windows 10 20H1), which is currently at build version 19041.21.
Changelog for Windows 10 Build 19559:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Fixed an issue with the IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IME) not opening sometimes on recent builds.
- Fixed an issue that could result in explorer.exe crashing when backing out of folders containing .heic or RAW files.
- Fixed an issue that could result in explorer.exe hanging when attempting to delete certain large .tif files.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the top few pixels of a window getting clipped when using WIN+Up and then snapping the window to the side using WIN+Left/Right).
- Fixed an issue resulting in Event Viewer crashing when selecting certain events recently.
- Install and use Hyper-V features on arm64 device, such as the Surface Pro X, running Enterprise or Pro edition.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a green screen in recent builds with error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.
- Incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview been applied.
- Narrator and NVDA users that use latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. NVAccess has released a beta of NVDA that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- The update process is hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Some Insiders are unable to update to newer builds with error 0x8007042b.
- Some Insiders are unable to update to newer builds with error 0xc1900101.
- East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and the Japanese IME) may be missing from the language/keyboard switcher (e.g. opened by Windows key + Space key) after upgrading from 20H1 Build 19041 or lower builds to Windows 10 Insider Preview build (19536 or later) if you have multiple languages/keyboards added. In the meantime, please remove and re-add any keyboards that are missing from the keyboard switcher by going to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Preferred languages. It doesn’t happen if you updated from build19536 or later.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- Certain devices are no longer sleeping on idle. We have identified the root cause and are working on a fix for an upcoming flight. If your device is impacted, manually triggering sleep should work (Start > Power button > Sleep).
- WSL Issue 4860: Some Insiders are experiencing this error message when using WSL2: A connection attempt failed on Windows.
- There’s an issue in this build where if you bring up clipboard history (WIN+V) and dismiss it without pasting anything, input in many places will stop working until you reboot your PC.